Sunday 1 February 2009

i went to see 'the wrestler' with mickey rourke today. after watching the trailer about a million times i expected something different... and i blame the trailer for that!! it makes it look a lot more conventional that it actually is.
it's a really good movie that somehow successfully skirts the line between cliche and originality. but mickey rourke's performance is phenomenal.
i can't remember seeing an actor playing such a disturbing role as flawlessly as mickey rourke does in 'the wrestler'. his performance is perfect. heartbreaking and disturbing and almost painfully endearing. but it's a really good movie with the best performance by an actor that i think i've ever seen. or at least that i've seen in a really long time.

p.s. i was the only girl in the cinema, but i wasnt the only person left in tears.



*spoiler!!!!!!*

The Ram:
I just want to say to you all tonight I'm very grateful to be here. A lot of people told me that I'd never wrestle again and that's all I do. You know, if you live hard and play hard and you burn the candle at both ends, you pay the price for it. You know in this life you can loose everything you love, everything that loves you. Now I don't hear as good as I used to and I forget stuff and I aint as pretty as I used to be but god damn it I'm still standing here and I'm The Ram. As times goes by, as times goes by, they say "he's washed up", "he's finished" , "he's a loser", "he's all through". You know what? The only one that's going to tell me when I'm through doing my thing is you people here.

No comments: