Sunday 19 April 2009

I went to see Papa Roach last thursday, as a part of my gigwhoring year, and i must say it ws by a mile my 3rd best gig ever! *first two being of course my two LP gigs :)*
It was way beyond awesome! they played all the bet songs, obviously, and 5 from the new cd; they had the great LP-type energy onstage and the whole crowd was MENTAL! we were stood about 5 rows from the front and the whole in front of us was a mosh pit. During "forever" , which is one of my fave Papa Roach songs, you coudnt even hear Jacoby sing -- it was that loud! to top that i got a t-shirt i really badly wanted -white one with the new cd cover on it. they didnt have it inside, but i did found it outside ;)gotta love them guys ;) and the freaking cherry on this huge wonderful cake was very unexpected, yet totally hoped for live version of "I almost told you that i love you". I love that song, but its not a single and its on a new cd, so i only wished for it not expecting hearing it. and just when all my hope was gone, they came back onstage for the encore, played "scars" *SQUEEEEEEE* and went right into "i almost told you that i love you"!! just imagine my surprise and total happiness!! it was fucking brilliant!
thoughout the evening Jacoby joked and talked a lot - and thats what i like!! and also... he blew kisses to all of us - yes, he actually used the frase "I'm blowing you all a kiss" more than 5 time :D how cool is that? huge, slightly emo-looking tattooed guy using word "kisses" hee hee almost made me pee ;) right before"hollywood whore" Jacoby gave a little speach about how he "is sick of all the fakes in Holywood" and he actually used teh word TWAT... now i didnt even know the americans knew the word twat which made it even more funny :D
the gig was on th 16th anniversary of forming Papa Roach -kinda made me want to sing Happy Anniversary:) i didnt, thou!
I know the guys brought their whole families to Europe with them *read that on papa roach message board* and i really wanted to see Little Roaches, but sadly there were nowhere to be seen :(



here's the link for "twat speach" :D
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=85692368487&h=zim8T&u=n_qz7&ref=nf

No comments: